GITIS admission procedure for foreign applicants (2022)
Information for foreign applicants entering under the quotas of the Government of the Russian Federation allocated to foreign countries and out-of-budget for applicants from outside the Russian Federation.
For international applicants unable to attend in-person auditions due to the global pandemic, GITIS is holding online auditions from May 20 to June 20 2022 for the following majors: “Acting,” “Theater Directing,” and “Choreography.”
It is necessary to send a video with a short self-introduction and your program (no more than 10 minutes) to these emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should include your full name, country, faculty, specialty and planned form of training (extrabudgetary or quota).
The program must include:
For Actors: 1 poem, 1 fable, excerpt of prose;
Musical Theatre Actors: 1 aria from an opera, musical, or operetta; folk song, romance, poem, and fable;
Drama Directors: acting program, written defense of an idea for a dramatic work, accompanied by illustrations (drawings, layout, etc.
Directors of musical theater and stage: actor’s program, written defense of the idea of a musical work (opera, operetta, musical), accompanied by illustrations (drawings, model, etc.);
Choreographers: dance (classical & modern), dance performance;
Ballet teachers: dance (classical & modern), composition.
Foreign applicants who enter by quota and on extra-budgetary take only the creative examinations.
Please see all the details on the official GITIS website.
Information for foreign applicants applying for budget places and taking off-line examinations.
1. Deadlines for taking exams and submitting documents correspond to the dates set for Russian citizens.
2. Exams are organised in Russian language.
Information for all foreign applicants
1. Documents for the Faculty of Acting, Directing, Musical Theatre, Variety and Scenography at GITIS are submitted after successful completion of the preliminary in-person auditions and in-person/online work reviews.
2. APPLICATION is carried out through the online system (via applicant’s personal account on the GITIS website / the link will be active later). Please use following browsers: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Please send copies of the documents to the International Department of GITIS at email@example.com
3. List of documents:
- application in the established form;
- consent to process personal data;
- identity card or a passport (translated into Russian language and certified by a notary);
- School diploma and / or Bachelor’s degree, translated into Russian and certified by apostille;
- consent for enrollment (can be submitted immediately or within the deadlines established by the admission);
- 6 photos 3×4 cm in size;
- medical certificate.
4. CIS citizens pass all exams required for the chosen specialty.
- All students accepted to Bachelor’s and Master’s programs are offered a place in the dormitory located on the address — Trifonovskaya St. 45b, Moscow.
- Please note that during the entry examinations GITIS is not providing dormitory.
More information can be found on the official GITIS website.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: